XL Reports for Pegasus Opera arose from the fact that nearly every Pegasus Opera user wants some level of Excel reporting. Pegasus has two major report writing tools for end users, the Report Writer module and Opera XRL. However, a common difficulty with these two report writing tools is that unless you use them with some frequency you may never master them. To use these reporting tools users need training and need an understanding of how the Pegasus Opera data is structured.
On considering these factors over the years we decided to get all the custom reports we ever created and put them into one box, creating generic, easy to use versions of each report so that they would suite as many users as possible.
XL Reports is a framework application:
A broad scope of native Excel reports for Pegasus Opera. No need for export/import, ODBC or remote data sessions, just “click” and it’s in Excel, nicely formatted.
- 1,000’s of variations on standard reports into Excel.
- Powerful detailed & summary sales analysis, trends & margins.
- Management Reporting using standard Excel template files.
- Nominal Account extractions, Trial Balances, Journals & Bank reconciliations into Excel.
- Audit Pack creation – “dump” the entire nominal into Excel.
- Detailed reporting on Proforma, Quotes, Orders, Deliveries & Contract documents.
- Reporting Stock movements, Aged Issues, Valuations etc.
- Advanced Job Costing Management.
- Advanced Purchase Invoice, PIR, GRN, PO & Job matching.
- Offers development Framework for custom solutions.
The Data Manager option with XL Reports (separate license required) provides functionality for writing data back into Pegasus Opera. Data Manager can only be used within XL Reports, it no longer exists as a separate product. The most commonly used functions include:
- Create new stock records directly from Excel
- Update existing stock records, prices, analysis, EC VAT etc.
- Force Delete old Stock items, in single or batch mode.
- Update Special Price Lists from Excel
- Create new / Update Supplier Products for use with POP and re-ordering.
- Create re-order reports, identifying the best suppliers/price.
- Import Purchase Orders from standard Excel template (customisable)
- Support for using Windows CE devices for data collection.
The Stock Manager option with XL Reports (separate license required) provides functionality for collecting data via Windows CE handheld devices. Stock Manager can only be used within Data Manager and XL Reports, it cannot exist on its own. Functionality available includes:
- Process Stock Issues, Receipts and Adjustments from Handheld.
- Process Stock-Take counting from Handheld.
In addition to the above facilities of Stock Manager there is also an option Warehouse Management interface which, in summary, does the following:
Send details to Warehouse Management system:
- Customer Details.
- Stock Master File.
- Outstanding Sales Orders.
- Outstanding Purchase Orders.
Receive details from Warehouse Management system:
- Stock-take adjustments.
- Picked lines to auto-progress relevant Sales Order lines to Deliveries in Pegasus Opera.
- Received Purchase Order lines, to create stock receipts in Pegasus Opera.
This warehouse interface can be adapted to suite any number of dedicated Warehouse Management systems.
XL Reports for Pegasus Opera is a Framework application and allows any developer to create their own custom applications to meet the needs of particular business processes. Development in this way is both quicker and more reliable as it relies on the internal database interfacing of XL Reports and saves the developer writing code to allow for all the basis functionality of reading/writing to the Opera data.
A number of ‘Specials’ have already been deployed with different Pegasus Opera and Pegasus Opera II users, some offering:
- Custom Data Importations
- Unique screen forms for updating Job Costing
- Milk Plant Management Tracking System
- EDI Invoicing / Delivery Processing
- Unique reporting for Traceable Stock items
- Custom interfacing to Warehouse Management
- Web site interfaces to update products/collect orders
- Interfacing with Windows CE handheld databases